5 kilos, 5 weeks

11/14/2006

Week One: Food and exercise programme

This is next week's diet and exercise plan.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dkvnxx8_2hfcsbd

I've written up:

  • 1 week's eating plan
  • Recipes if needed
  • 1 week's exercise plan
  • Exercises explained if needed
A few things to note... you'll notice I don't eat breakfast! I know this is widely known to be a no-no when dieting as you can set yourself up for bingeing on unhealthy food (as you are hungry, obviously) and it's not good for your blood sugar levels, especially if you are exercising in the morning and at lunchtime... However... I haven't eaten breakfast in a long time and find it difficult to stomach... a yummy breakfast if you are looking for something low fat tho is: Blueberry & Oats in apple juice Soak 1/3 cup rolled oats 1/4 cup of fresh apple juice, (leave in fridge for 30 minutes) - sprinkle with fresh blueberries. Yum! Also, I don't eat red meat. I do eat tuna and chicken though, and substitute my diet with protein shakes too. The one I use is Horley's Sculpt (best flavours are Berry and Chocolate) with trim milk. My exercise plan will change over the 5 weeks as I get bored, quickly. So I'll alternate between classes at the gym, out door running and treadmill, and sometimes, indoor sports like soccer and netball. Variety guaranteed! The most important point is that if you are trying to lose weight - you need only cut 500 calories from your diet a day. So my regular diet is usually about 2000 calories - so this reduced intake is appropriate for me - please consider that and amend the programme as is appropriate to you. Finally, a huge welcome to my new subscribers! Welcome! Am really pleased you have signed up and I hope you find this useful. It's incredibly motivating for me too, so thank you. :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi -How can you exercise in the morning and not eat? Don't you fell weak?

     
  • At 8:31 PM , Blogger 5kilos5weeks said...

    Hello - yay my first comment! Thanks for reading.

    I think I have just gotten used to not eating that early, and don't feel hungry until mid morning anyway. I certainly wouldn't recommend someone stopping eating breakfast - I think then you'd definitely feel terrible!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home