5 kilos, 5 weeks

11/15/2006

My food weaknesses

The good thing about this 5 week burst is when I am craving cheese, and my sweet tooth is screaming - I can tell myself it's only 5 weeks. Now that's not strictly true - as I hope to continue a healthy lifestyle after the 5 weeks are up (I'll have to or all the weight will pile back on in no time)! But mentally I need to tell myself something so I can deal with my cravings. I LOVE CHEESE. If it's in the fridge and I see it, I almost go into a zombie-like trance and before I even realise it I am devouring it. So there will be no cheese in the fridge in the next 5 weeks - I just can't expose myself to it! I have added cottage cheese to my diet so that I am not completely denying myself - as I do believe you need some moderation to ward off bingeing. My other craving seems to be sweet food, mid afternoon. In my workplace there is always plenty of it too! So I need to be very, very strong. To combat this I have added an apple in the afternoon - it has some semblance of sweetness - and a carrot to occupy me as I know I'll still be thinking about the chocolate biscuits! I'm also going to write down how I am feeling when I am really struggling. So that I can address it at the time and not just give in, which I so often do. I also get ravenous when I am premenstrual! And I mean ravenous. So I will up the carrot/apple intake when that happens and add a little bit extra to my diet that day as you do actually need a little more when you are like that.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home