5 kilos, 5 weeks

11/18/2006

It's almost time to begin...

Well, just 2 days left before I begin! I think I am ready - I've planned the first week's diet and exercise and mentally accepted the challenge. I'm glad I gave myself some time to get my head around it as the mental challenge is the biggest, I think. I'm going to the supermarket this afternoon to buy all my food for the week, and I'll book my sunbeds ahead of time. Planning is everything! As I'm going out tonight I know I'll probably still feel a little seedy on Monday so I've only planned a sunbed for that day!! No sense setting myself up to fail, that won't be a good start. Something I haven't spoken about yet is water... If you don't drink a lot of water I suggest starting now! There are so many benefits and when you are dieting it's a great filler for when your tummy starts rumbling. The biggest improvement I notice when I am drinking plenty of water is that my skin is clear and hydrated. When I stop - back come the spots! I'd be interested to know if any of the people subscribing to this blog are planning on following the diet and exercise programme I posted? What do you think of it? Is it suitable to your lifestyle? I was asked if I had kids as that's a big thing to consider when making the time to exercise - no, I don't, but I can imagine it will be harder for a mother to fit all this in. But if you really really want to do it, it can be done!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hiya!
    Talk about timing, I love your blog and I am going get with the programme too over the next five weeks and see what happens!
    I've just joined a gym and have made some healthy changes to my diet, but am still struggling to 'shift' any weight.....but as I said finding this blog is supreme timing for me as now not only do I have motivation I can also use the guidance of your food menu. My body is probably going to go into shock during the first week, since it is used to eating rather large portions, especially for dinner. But I'm quite sure it will survive! I've printed out the food plan (that's great you are sharing that thanks its great!) I'd better go and get my vital measurements and other details too.....actually I might even start my own 5week blog too so I have somewhere to rant and rave when the going gets tough!!
    Thanks....Barbara Lee

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger 5kilos5weeks said...

    This is amazing! i am so glad that you are doing this - and really happy that my blog has inspired you. Let's keep in touch over the next 5 weeks and we can motivate each other.

    I'll add a link to your blog - can you do the same for me on yours?

    :)

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hello 5 kilos (what is your first name)? i have printed it out too - it does look like i will need to make some adjustments though as i can't think of going without breakfast. i also weigh a little more than you - i'm 165 pounds (about 75 kilos).

    i am enjoying your blog, please keep it up

    :-) ellen

     
  • At 7:12 AM , Blogger 5kilos5weeks said...

    Hi Ellen :)

    I am posting 'anonymously' as I wanted to be able to write as honestly as I could. But for the sake of having a name I suppose Beth will do as it's very similar to my real name!

    I just realised that the diet is actually only about 1000 calories a day and that is too low! I will certainly lose weight but I don't know how happy I will be. So I'll think of a way to add a little more (er, possibly breakfast!!)

    Let me know how you get on with it...

    :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home