5 kilos, 5 weeks

11/30/2006

Day Eleven: Uh oh, vino!

So I went for a couple of wines with the girls tonight which meant a) loss of apetite then b) loss of inhibition when it comes to food, later! I ended up having satay chicken instead of the grilled chicken and vegetables that i had planned. Major blow - discussing weight with a girlfriend who is taller than me, but lighter than me. Sigh... felt so big and fat! I know I'm being a little silly but I still can't help thinking - I can do better, so much better than this...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey...your doing really well don't be too hard on yourself! I know this whole weight thing is relative and when your friends happen to be super slim as yours sounds like it puts the pressure on you, when it shouldn't!! This world is more than just what we look like.....I cannot deny having a nice figure is definitely a good thing, but it is only a piece of the pie....when I was younger and a super slim 54kg that was what I always focused on to feel good, nature however had other plans and gave me a fetish for food so that I would put on a considerable amount of weight to the point where I could not use my physical looks anymore soley to make me feel good, I had to go and find out we are multi dimensional - Mind, Body, Spirit. It seems I had only focused on the Body bit! Anyway, not suggesting you are like how I used to be but reading your post reminded me of the space I used to get in with trying to retain a super slim figure.
    All I can say is please, please, please don't compare yourself physically to your friend/s, if it makes you feel any better spare a thought for those of us trying to feel good about 66kg, I would love to be 58kg......it's all relative. Remember, Mind, Body, Spirit :-) You're doing really well!

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger 5kilos5weeks said...

    Thanks SO much.... I needed that support!

    You are right I think I do put too much into the Body thing... there's pride and then there's obsession... I know I have to be careful not to go to the extreme!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home