5 kilos, 5 weeks

11/22/2006

Day Three: This is hard

Well today was quite hard, as I went to the gym to do my resistance training at lunchtime (instead of the morning because I was out late last night)... and this was bad for 2 reasons: 1. I wasn't particularly motivated to go at lunchtime 2. I didn't have a lot of energy So I'll do my best to go in the morning from now on... I don't want to set myself up to fail. In the afternoon I was HUNGRY. But I staggered the apple, the coffee, and the carrot and drunk 3 big glasses of water which got me through until 5pm. I am home now and have about another 90 minutes until dinner as I want to eat with my boyfriend... but I'm starving!!! But as I'm having the focaccia, egg and tomato tonight (forgot the avocado) I've just eaten half of the focaccia I was planning on having, with a smidgen of cottage cheese. Still hungry but I'm keeping myself busy doing this (!!) and then I am going to go and read... It's the hardest thing maintaining your resolve, as I feel like I constantly have to battle the negative thoughts saying 'it's ok, it won't hurt'... Today I feel tired, and a little weak... but must soldier on!

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, you're doing awesome! Do you know what.....it will be extra hard for you today because (a) not as much sleep last night and (b) going out last night....you're body is trying to draw on extra fuel....so don't worry, after a good nights sleep tonight you'll be really good again tomorrow. Hey, good on you for still getting to the gym today, once you've made the 'decision' to go in your mind, that's most of the battle won. Isn't it so much better having someone else who is doing the same kind of programme to help motivation.....the fact that you are doing this is helping me so much, giving me heaps of motivation and kinda neat to be able to share the little triumphs with someone, as well as find support to get you through the tricky bits......thanks your really awesome!!

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger 5kilos5weeks said...

    Hehe!! It's motivating me too which is great!

    Tell you what that Tuesday night out knocked me for a 6... My alarm went off this morning at 5.15 and i turned it off and woke up again at 7!! Which means I have missed my gym session today as I have other stuff on at lunch and after work! oh DEAR... will post about it later as i will find a way to deal with it...

    :)

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Crikey I know what you mean, having a night out during the week really throws everything out of kilter doesn't it! I'm going to try and keep my 'going out' nights to a minimum while I do this programme, mind you it's coming up to Christmas and the social calendar is reknowned for going a bit silly :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home