5 kilos, 5 weeks

12/21/2006

Day 32 of 35 - Weight loss!

An amazing thing happened this week - I lost another kg! I am now 57.2kgs! The best thing is, I know how it happened - so I can do it again! What's my secret? I broke my diet for a steady 2 days, and ate higher fat foods and a lot more calories. So I believe my metabolism cranked up a gear (came out of fasting mode), and on returning to my strict diet, it continued utilising the calories as if there were plenty to go around - except there wasn't! Effectively, I fooled my metabolism into burning more calories! So yes, this is good news because it means you can eat more calories and a higher fat diet say 1 day a week - so long as you reduce your calories after that, for at least say, a week. I wouldn't recommend doing this for more than a few days however. I have 3 days to go until my 5 week challenge is up. I have almost lost 3kgs. Pretty good I think. I would love to hear from my subscribers, and anyone else who has been following my weightloss crusade:
  • have you found inspiration in this blog at all?
  • have you been following any of the diet / exercise programmes I've been posting?
  • have you lost any weight over the past month? What's your secret?
I am enjoying my smaller butt - if anything this alone has been worth the last month. To be honest, I haven't deprived myself that much, so I think I could make a habit of this diet and exercise programme.
  • I feel great
  • I look better than I did
  • I have heaps of energy
  • I can run for longer
  • My muscles are more toned
  • I weigh less
  • I'm happy!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 4:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations on your accomplishments! It sounds like you've been using a concept sometimes referred to as 'calorie banking', which can be an effective trick to use from time to time. But like you noticed, its something you really don't want to over use.

     
  • At 8:40 PM , Blogger 5kilos5weeks said...

    i've never heard of that! everyone should know about it... it works a treat!

    thanks :)

     
  • At 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I did look at your programmes but i went to my own trainer and asked for a similar work out. not keeping to plan as consistently as i wanted but i am giving it time. i must say thank you for bothering! it did give me some motivation.

    it's your last day i hope you are happy with yor results

     
  • At 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    thanks to you 5kilos for this blog posting, I must say it's been an up and down roller coaster for me these past 5 weeks, but still it was so much better having other people who were doing it as well to give you a boost and a push so that was a big help. I have lost some weight I'm pleased to say but maybe not as much as I would have liked to! Maybe I might just sqeeze in to a NZ size 12? Anyway, I'll be back in force again next year with a similar kind of regime, so hope to hook up with you again then!! thanks, Barbara Lee

     
  • At 11:54 AM , Blogger 5kilos5weeks said...

    Thanks Karen - yep i am definitely happy with my results, and glad to hear you got some motivation from me blogging - that's great!!

    And congrats Barbara Lee will keep in touch next year for support.. definitely helps doesn't it!

    :)

     
  • At 9:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey there. I found your blog doing a google search "lose 5 kilos". My goal is exactly the same as yours! Im 60kg atm, and want to get to 55kg by christmas, so in about 7 weeks. Your blog is inspirational cos you actually persevered and even though you didnt lose 5, you did it the healthy way and noticed some big changes!

     
  • At 6:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    woow, im soo happy to hear that its do-able!!yay ! good for u ! thats great news!! umm well for me i have cahnged my life style drastically for about a month i didnt eat any junk foods and i really did watch mydelf( brown bread , increased my vegetable intake and, i cut back down alot o the choclates and sweets!) but i only lost 2 kilos?? so i guess i have to break my diet for a day a we then? btw ive got a question :when u broke ur diet did u eat crazy, like all the junk food and chips in the world or was it also balanced? can u answer A.S.A.P PLZ!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home