5 kilos, 5 weeks

4/01/2008

Breaking your diet to lose weight

A recent comment from Sim Sim....
Anonymous simsim said...

woow, im soo happy to hear that its do-able!!yay ! good for u ! thats great news!! umm well for me i have cahnged my life style drastically for about a month i didnt eat any junk foods and i really did watch mydelf( brown bread , increased my vegetable intake and, i cut back down alot o the choclates and sweets!) but i only lost 2 kilos?? so i guess i have to break my diet for a day a we then? btw ive got a question :when u broke ur diet did u eat crazy, like all the junk food and chips in the world or was it also balanced? can u answer A.S.A.P PLZ!

I talked about breaking my diet and how it helped me to lose weight, by effectively fooling my metabolism. It really does work. Yes, you can eat whatever you like during your diet break - you won't eat as much as you think because 2 things will happen if you followed your diet for the rest of the week:
  1. Your stomach will have shrunk, so you won't be able to eat as much as you may have once done and;
  2. Usually, you'll find that you don't want to sabotage your good eating too much!
It's a brilliant tool for the mind when you are trying to cut bad eating habits - just think "I can eat this on Sunday and not feel guilty. If I eat it now I'll feel like shit!" My recipe for this is to stick to a low carb, high protein, calorie restricted diet, for 6 days a week then on the 7th day, you can eat anything you like. My day was usually 8pm Saturday night until 8pm Sunday night so that I could have a few wines too - sneaky huh! I went to a Les Mills body pump class today and was shaking like a petal in the breeze - I am so weak! A result of no strength training in a while... I'll post on the weekend, my diet & fitness goals, current weight and measurements and, more importantly, my goal weight and measurements! Feeling motivated already!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home